Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Stick Page 1 Sketches

I was going to draw this Stick Man comic in a regular comic book format, but since I originally had wanted to do this as a weekly, year-long web comic, I thought the horizontal format would work better on computer monitors. Then again, most people use cell/tablet devices nowadays so the vertical format might have worked alright as well.


These sketches were done in pencil during my lunch breaks working at Walmart. As you can see, my original line art has a much more organic, energetic feel to it. I scanned it and traced in Photoshop using my Wacom tablet. I'm hoping that eventually the "feel" of my digital work will match the look of my pencil art, with the flexibility of cleaning it up a bit and adding color without worrying about making a mistake.


Stay tuned for page 2 on Sunday!

No comments: